I've lost nearly 35 lbs since May (woo-hoo, go me!) I had 2 pairs of jeans that fit me when I started my weight-loss journey... I accidentally tore one pair and threw them away, and the other pair got abandoned on the shelf in my closet, since they got WAY too baggy for me.
Today, I was getting ready to work on my Halloween costume and decided that I might want to wear a corset underneath. Not a full corset, though... it'll be an underbust corset, just to keep my waistline in check (since the costume will have a fitted vest). I didn't want to use any of my good fabric for something that won't be seen and that I will only wear once, so I decided to cut up my jeans to make the underbust corset from! I had to get rather creative with the pattern piece layout, and remove the back pockets so I could use that fabric as well.
(I call them jeans but they're a light tan denim fabric).
I just got all the pieces pinned together... tomorrow I'll stitch them all together and try to finish the corset. Less than 2 weeks until the church Fall Festival/costume party, and I have to make my costume and my toddler's!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment