Saturday, October 3, 2009

Halloween patterns have been decided...

... for my daughters, anyway. My 8yo will wear a dress made from out-of-print Simplicity 9836, view B (the one of the tan dress with the green bodice/vest and pink apron). I bought this pattern years ago thinking it would make a good hobbit costume for her. I don't have any idea how to curl her hair, though (I am totally lousy at hairstyling!) It's a full one-piece underdress with the bodice/vest over the top- she can always use the underdress as a nightgown after Halloween.




And so far I plan to dress my 3yo in Butterick 3592/P233, view B... that's the gold/pink one in the photo. It'll be a white-ish dress with a brown vest, and she'll be Eowyn from Lord of the Rings. (This is only my plan so far, I might change it).



I haven't got the faintest idea what to dress myself as, or what to dress my sons (10yo and 1yo) as. 10yo wants to be a soldier or a fireman, but I don't have fabric for either of those things, and I'd have to size up a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment