Saturday, October 3, 2009

Are these lemons ever going to ripen? And teensy updates.

I have some good-sized lemons on my lemon tree, but they aren't ripening! One of them has been there since March!

I have a lone orange on my orange tree, LOL. Nothing on the rest of my trees.

Fall is coming, I need to go and "clean out" my garden boxes. I got a good harvest of beans (they were delish) and more jalapenos and peppers than I could use, but not much else. The lettuce and carrots didn't grow, even though I planted several varieties of each. I wanted to plant a fall garden but I didn't get the chance to. My 3-year-old is extremely rambunctious right now, she does not nap during the day so I can't go out to the garden then, and if I take her with me she keeps getting into so much stuff out there (or trying to climb our chain-link fence) that I don't have time to get anything done. *Sigh* My 1-year-old is generally good when I sit him in his stroller to watch me...

We're expecting rain all this next week, including heavy thunderstorms tonight. It'd be a good time to plant ryegrass for a winter lawn, if I had any seed. I planted bermudagrass last month and it has sprouted, but I think it's going to go dormant soon, and it might be too young to handle winter dormancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment