Saturday, October 24, 2009

2009 Halloween Costumes

Tonight was our church's Halloween party. I managed to finish everything in the nick of time!

I wore a farby Scottish Highland-type costume, made from 100% plaid wool suiting and green wool gabardine, using Simplicity 8855. (Yes, there is supposed to be a gap between the front edges of the vest! Just look at the pattern photo!)

I also made my 15-month-old son a "leprechaun" costume using shamrock fabric and Simplicity 3650.







My 8-year-old was a sort of "Renaissance maiden", using Simplicity 9836. I made the headpiece by using a bridal wire frame, and wrapped the flowers, stems and all, around it and held it in place with ribbon!



And my 3-year-old was dressed as a chicken, using instructions from the Martha Stewart website. It was more complicated than I thought it would be... we also didn't get the feather boas secured on well enough, and after half an hour of running around, they started to fall off! And someone gave her a bowl of chili, which she spilled down her front. *Sigh* The costume is pretty much ruined, unless we can put it back together and let her go trick-or-treating next week as a half-butchered chicken. Eew.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! So completely awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing your children have to have you as their mother!

    You have a great talent.

    ReplyDelete