Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm almost done!

I've been working like crazy, and I almost have my costumes finished. I want to take a break for the rest of the evening... we'll see.

On my costume, I just need to put the buttonholes & buttons on my blouse, and hem it. (I finished the skirt this afternoon... and let me tell you now, gathering all that medium-weight wool makes for a bulky waistband! I should've hand-gathered it, or pleated it, if I had time... but I don't. So, bulky it is. I wish I had a small hoopskirt to wear under it, or wish I knew where my corded petticoat was!) Oh, and I need to sew the front of the vest to the back at the side seams and shoulders.

On my 8-year-old's costume, I need to hand-tack the shoulder straps of the vest into place, and add lacing on the front. And add ribbon bows to the front of the shoulder straps.... ugh, and make the headband. (I am dreading that part!)

I need to hem the pants on my 15-month-old's costume, and add elastic to the waistband. When I hemmed the shirt earlier today I added some decorative machine stitching to the bottom, in the shape of shamrocks, but it looks rather pathetic. Oh well.

And I need to dye the tights for my 3-year-old's costume! And I need to stuff the shirt with fiber-fill, but I don't know where my big box of it is (or even if I still have it??? Maybe I threw it out when I moved!)

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I am envious of your talent. I've always wanted to sew, but the few times I've tried it doesn't turn out well at all.

    ReplyDelete