Monday, October 5, 2009

Decided on a costume for myself...

After digging through my stash, I've decided to make myself a costume using Simplicity 8855. It's a discontinued pattern, but it seems to have been re-released as Simplicity 3623 (I think the colors used on the first envelope are a lot prettier). I'm going to make the one with the plaid skirt with matching shawl and hat, and the solid-colored vest. For the blouse, I have some white-on-white paisley-print fabric. Paisleys are not Irish, but I think it'll look okay.

I have a lot of plaid fabric, but most of it lightweight (voile, etc)... not quite right for this. So I found some medium-weight 100% wool suiting on Fabric.com for $5.19/yd!! Plus my 5% cash-back rebate from FatWallet.com.

I have the male version of this pattern, Simplicity 8193, but my husband is not interested in wearing it, or having me make anything for him.

Now, off I go to work on perfectin' me brogue... I'm not even Irish, but at least I have the red hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment