Thursday, April 30, 2009

Damaged in transit. Ugh.

Last night there was a knock at the door... it was the Pink Champage lisianthus plants I ordered from Burpee... yay! I opened the door (the man had already hopped back in his truck and was rolling down the road by the time I got to the door), and discovered the box that said "THIS SIDE UP" all over it was laying on its side (and no, not the proper side)! Just great. So I went to open it up, and this is what I found, all the plants had been dumped out of their cells and their roots knocked loose:







I am... rather unhappy about this. I went and stuck them all in my garden anyway (though most of them barely had any roots at all). I sent an email to Burpee customer service about how to make a claim or get a refund... hopefully I will hear back soon. It was $26.95 for those 12 little plants! (By the way, the plants you get from Burpee so far seem to be about the same size as the 6-pk plants you get from Lowe's or Wal-Mart! What a rip-off! But I've only ordered the lisianthus, I don't know about the tomatoes or other plants). I received my other lisianthus plants last week and they were fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment