Thursday, April 9, 2009

Trying to think up a sewing project

My new county has an annual Fall Festival in mid-September that includes an Arts & Crafts competition, and it has a sewing division... and one of the classes is for miscellaneous/costumes! Yay! They also have Classic (detailed construction/menswear), After Five ("soft construction"), Sportswear, Children's Wear, and Wearable Art.

Now I need to decide what to do!

My ideas include:
An 1860's sheer gown made from red plaid cotton voile (miscellaneous/costumes)
A Regency cross-front gown similar to this one or this one (also for misc/costumes)
Simplicity 3962 (for Classic)
and maybe a nice vintage 50's pattern for After-Five. Gotta think up something for Children's Wear.

But... this is all just my ideas so far. I could completely change my mind! I might only make one thing! Who knows. Depends on how much time I have. But I'm not allowing myself to buy any fabric, I have plenty. And I have all the above patterns, too.

I wonder if I could make something from McCall's 4798 and count it as Wearable Art? Or Favorite Things' Frayed Jacket (which I already have the pattern for)?

No comments:

Post a Comment