I would like to start the side-drape overskirt, but seeing as how this is a bustle gown... I really need to make the bustle. Ha ha! I already have all the pieces for the gown cut out, but none for the bustle. I'm done for the day, though, I'll decide later what I want to make next, the overskirt or bustle.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Ballgown skirt is nearly finished!
This was a lot harder than I thought it would be! The pleating & stitching on of the ruffle took about 80% of the time! This is the scaled-down version of an 1869 Grand Parlor skirt. I then had to put the skirt on the waistband, and pleat the back of it to fit. Now I just need to stitch under the back edges of the skirt opening (which was actually an earlier step that I skipped), and add a hook & eye. I was disappointed that the waistband ended up being a little too small (it should've had a 1/2" overlap and there's only about 1/4" overlap), so if I ever make this skirt again, I will remember to add 1/4" to the length of the waistband. Though if I ever do make one again, I will NOT add the pleated ruffle! (It'll save fabric and sanity!)
I would like to start the side-drape overskirt, but seeing as how this is a bustle gown... I really need to make the bustle. Ha ha! I already have all the pieces for the gown cut out, but none for the bustle. I'm done for the day, though, I'll decide later what I want to make next, the overskirt or bustle.

I would like to start the side-drape overskirt, but seeing as how this is a bustle gown... I really need to make the bustle. Ha ha! I already have all the pieces for the gown cut out, but none for the bustle. I'm done for the day, though, I'll decide later what I want to make next, the overskirt or bustle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment