I am in desperate need of a new skirt. So I decided I'd make myself a half-circle wrap skirt, using this sequined corduroy fabric, which I thought would look rather cute.
Well, the skirt does look cute, but the fabric was a pain to work with! When I cut it, I ended up with sequins all over the place. And every time I'd try to sew, the thread would go all goofy right after the needle would go through a sequin (you know, how it gets all looped up on the under side). And putting a buttonhole in the waistband to run ties through? Forget it!
Actually, the wrap skirts are neat and easy to make, and I love them... but I hate putting the buttonholes in the waistband. The buttonholes always goof up if the fabric is too thick. I think what I ought to try is making the skirt without ties, and just using diaper pins on each side to hold it in place, LOL! Maybe I'll try that for my next skirt, and see how it goes.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment