I didn't get any work done on them yesterday, but on Tuesday afternoon and this morning I was able to work on the petticoat and the bustle. I just need to add the ruffle onto the petticoat (I need 2.5 yds of 3" gathered eyelet, I tried to get some at Wal-Mart yesterday evening but no one was in the fabric dept to help me) and on the bustle, I just need to insert some boning. It calls for steel boning but I have none... I tried plastic boning and I only had enough for the first 2 rows (there are 5). So now I'm trying to figure out what else I can put in there, as I cannot find plastic boning locally, it's not cost-effective to buy it online, and hoopsteel is too expensive (cheapest I can find it is $18 for a 12-yd roll, not including shipping).
I don't have any pics right now, as my husband is off on a nature hike and took the camera with him.
Next I get to start on the bodice!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment