Friday, January 1, 2010

New fabrics...

Yes, I am crazy.

I ordered some new fabrics today, semi-sheer cotton lawn. They were a great price, less than $5/yd.

I've had the Past Patterns Sheer Muslin Dress pattern for quite a while now, and I'm wanting to make a gown from it. I think it will look rather similar to this one (by the way, I have that exact fabric in my stash somewhere! I paid $4.95/yd for it... and found a lady online who ordereed some at the same time I did, and is trying to resell it for $14/yd. Ouch).

I'm writing a book about some reenactors who fall in love (the full story, I think, sounds pretty cool) and I want the heroine to be wearing a dress similar to the one in the link above, the first time the hero sees her. I'd have her sitting in the grass, reading a book, but she might get grass stains on that lovely white cotton...

So, here they are. These swatches are 10" wide, so just imagine them being more than twice the size they are on-screen. The first one is an embroidered swiss dot... I don't know how accurate it is for 1860's use, but if any of these fabrics turn out to be incorrect for that era, then I can use them for some really awesome Regency dresses.





No comments:

Post a Comment