I finished the sleeves day before yesterday. Tomorrow I just need to cut some bias strips, put them around the armscyes, neckline, and waistline, add piping, then sew the sleeves on, and stitch the piping/binding on the inside. I messed up on my first attempt (a plaid bodice) so hopefully I'll do better this time. The plaid bodice can be salvaged, but since this white one is for a talent show, I want it to look really good.
Click for a larger image.
I need to make a cage/hoopskirt before I can make the skirt! I'm still waiting for my husband to cut the hoopsteel for me. I'll have to work on the chemise and drawers in the meantime, and as far as I can get on a corset while waiting for the busk I ordered to arrive.
Oh, and the corset is going to be pink cotton twill. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment