I made most of the petticoat last Wednesday, and needed to wait until the cage crinoline was done before I could set the petticoat on a waistband... so I could adjust it for length. This cage is 3" longer in the back than it is in the front. The petticoat originally had 7 half-inch tucks in it, but when I put it on the cage today I noticed it was too short! So, I took out the two bottom tucks, lengthening the petticoat by 2". I need to give it another good ironing to try and remove the evidence of the previous tucks, and give it a light starching.
Wow, do I need to clean my sewing room!! Or then den, I should say.
Front View, click for a larger image:
Side View:
Wow! The petticoat is incredible and the cage shape looks lovely. And the bodice is beautiful too. I can't wait to see the whole dress finished!
ReplyDeleteMy cage (also from Originals by Kay) is dilapadated so I have been trying to decide what to do about a new one too. I thinkI've decided on a covered cage in the 90-ish range from the out of print Martha McCain pattern. Sometime I'd like to make another originals by kay kit though. . .yours is simply lovely.
Again, just beautiful!
ReplyDelete