Thursday, August 6, 2009

Corset pattern pieces have been cut out...

My sister has decided that she would like me to use the Laughing Moon Underbust Corset pattern, View B, for her corset. She doesn't want a full corset because she is afraid of the "shelf" effect. We'll see how this one works out.

Since this is an under-bust corset, the pattern pieces are shorter than usual (they do not reach up to the bust or down to the hip) so I managed to cut all the pieces from an old pair of jeans of mine. Obviously the corset will be made from nicer fabrics (maybe silk or brocade, flatlined and lined with twill for sturdiness) but these jeans scraps will work just fine for the mock-up, which is what this is.

One thing I like about the pattern, so far, is that Views A, B, and C are all on different sheets of tissue paper, so it is VERY easy to find the pieces you want. That's something that annoys me about Simplicity, McCall's, etc... you usually have to unfold all the tissue pattern sheets, and cut out the pieces you want off each one, and then attempt to fold them up again.


I have so much to get done over the next 3 days... I need to finish this mock-up (including setting grommets and putting in the busk) and then make a mock-up of the bodice, for fitting. I ordered all the boning and a busk last Saturday and they haven't come in yet... they need to come in by this Saturday at the latest because I need them to finish the corset mock-up! I also have a lot of other stuff to do... cleaning, doing laundry, packing, etc because we're going on vacation for 1.5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment