I was at Cabela's in Utah last week and I came across this shirt... I love it! $45 was a bit more than I wanted to pay, though, so I'm going to try and make one like it.
Let's see now... it looks like it's princess-seamed, not sure whether I'll "keep" that feature. I like the mandarin collar and the placket. I looked at the sleeve ties. They don't seem too difficult, it looks like self-fabric ties that are attached to the sleeve with a 2-channel "casing" of fabric over that, covering up where the ties are attached (securely). Zoom in and you can see what I'm talking about.
Now, for patterns. I think New Look 6849 might work... it's not exactly the same style, and no mandarin collar, but the sleeves are nice and wide. I also like Simplicity 2696, Simplicity 3684, and Simplicity 3786. But I think Simplicity 2854 (View D top, without the ruffle, and View B sleeves) will look the closest to the original top.
I just found out that Simplicity patterns are 5 for $5 at JoAnn's thru Aug 23rd, but I live 80 miles from the nearest JoAnn's. (Sigh) It'd be cheaper to buy it at Wal-Mart at their normal 40% off price, and save the gas.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are so (no wait that should be SOOOO) talented!
ReplyDelete