My name is Amy. I am a stay-at-home (and homeschooling) mom of 4. My two biggest hobbies are sewing and gardening, hence the title of this blog, "Sew and Sow" (that's the verb 'sow' as in 'planting seeds', not the noun 'sow' that refers to a female pig!) I like cooking and playing my flute as well, but I'm not very good at either of those.
************ Update: I am currently attending college, which is 30 hours a week between classroom lecture and hospital clinicals. I haven't had much time for sewing or gardening!
Links
Ebates.com offers a 5.0% cash back rebate for both Joann.com and Fabric.com. Click here to sign up, they offer a $5 sign-up bonus!
FatWallet.com offers 5.0% cash back from Fabric.com, and 6% cash back from JoAnn.com.
“We encourage you to grow all the food that you feasibly can on your own property. Berry bushes, grapevines, fruit trees... plant them if your climate is right for their growth. Grow vegetables and eat them from your own yard. Even those residing in apartments or condominiums can generally grow a little food in pots and planters. … Make your garden as neat and attractive as well as productive. If there are children in your home, involve them in the process with assigned responsibilities” -Spencer W. Kimball
“I believe in indulging children, in a reasonable way. If the little girls want dolls, shall they have them? Yes. But must they be taken to the dressmaker’s to be dressed? No. Let the girls learn to cut and sew the clothing for their dolls, and in a few years they will know how to make a dress for themselves and others. Let the little boys have tools, and let them make their sleds, little wagons, etc., and when they grow up, they are acquainted with the use of tools and can build a carriage, a house, or anything else.” -Brigham Young
"Modesty in dress and manner will assist in protecting against temptation. It may be difficult to find modest clothing, but it can be found with enough effort. I sometimes wish every girl had access to a sewing machine and training in how to use it. She could then make her own attractive clothing. I suppose this is an unrealistic wish. But I do not hesitate to say that you can be attractive without being immodest. You can be refreshing and buoyant and beautiful in your dress and in your behavior. Your appeal to others will come of your personality, which is the sum of your individual characteristics. Be happy. Wear a smile. Have fun. But draw some rigid parameters, a line in the sand, as it were, beyond which you will not go." -Gordon B. Hinckley
So, so adorable! I love the style and the print is just too cute.
ReplyDeleteThis is very nice Amy! I am visiting from Sarah Jane's blog ;)
ReplyDeleteI am glad I found another sewer...
lady m
What a cute dress!
ReplyDeleteIt has been fun to peruse your blog and watch your garden flourish.