My sister's wedding colors are black, white, and royal blue. She sent me a ribbon swatch to show me the exact color, and has requested that each of her sisters wear that color in their outfit (we don't have to dress head-to-toe in royal blue... good, because I'd look absolutely silly!)
I am completely stumped about what to wear. I can't really seem to find any prints I like that have royal blue in them (truthfully, I've only found one, and it was ugly). I managed to find some royal blue dupioni silk... but what can I make from that? A blouse, or a skirt? What would I wear with it- a black skirt or blouse? That's the only color I can think of to go with it.
I also need to find a pattern I like. I did come across this royal blue Chinese bamboo brocade... I thought maybe I can make a mandarin-style blouse? New Look 6812. shortened into a blouse length, would be suitable... but what kind of a skirt could I wear with it? (I do not have the figure to pull off an entire dress of that style). Would a black A-line skirt work?
I would love to do some sort of historical-themed dress, such as a Regency Gown or a 1910's Tea Gown, but I just can't think of how quite to do it and make it look good.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment