Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sister's getting married...

Okie dokie, my younger sister has announced that she is getting married... and she remembered that a few years ago, I offered to make her wedding gown if she ever got married.

She has decided that she wants a "poofy" skirt (tulle ballgown skirt) like this one. And after looking through tons of patterns, she decided upon the out-of-print Butterick 6413, which I managed to find cheap on Etsy. Can you imagine how gorgeous this would be in a white dupioni silk? OOH! I am not sure about trim options... my sister would like some trim on it, along the neckline and the hem, but I don't know what is available for bridal stuff. I've never looked. She hasn't decided on a fabric for it either, but I did suggest the dupioni to her... it can be found for $10-$15/yd, and the bodice takes 2 yards. She said she wants a satin hem around the bottom of the skirt... if I am unable to talk her out of that, I may be able to make it in a fabric that matches the bodice.



Tulle is very cheap... I am hoping we can make this dress look fantastic for less than $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment