The tedious part is pinning on all the extra-wide double-fold bias tape. In doing so, I discovered the importance of checking the packages to make sure they all all from the same dye lot. I purchased 3 packages a couple weeks ago, and they all had the same color and item code and all that. But I pinned on the first two packages of bias tape, and when I pulled out the third, I noticed that it was stiffer and was darker shade than the other two! I checked all the packages to make sure they were all the same, but then I turned them all over and saw that there was a number stamped on beneath the barcode/UPC, and one was different... guess it must be the dye lot. But the color difference isn't noticeable unless you examine the hem really close.
Anyway, here is my finished skirt, in the best possible picture my camera phone is capable of taking.
No comments:
Post a Comment