These are the prints I am making the current skirt out of. Purchased from Hobby Lobby. I found two lovely tees from JCP that match the shades of cafe brown and pale pink in this fabric, so that's cool. It will be trimmed with pale pink bias tape.

These are fat quarters that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. They came in packs of 5 for $9.99, and I bought two. With 10 fat quarters, I can make a skirt to fit a 28" waist... I can hang on to it for when I finally get down to that size (with my running program), or I can give it to a friend. Harlequin, paisley, polka dot... oh my!

And these are "upcycled linen fat quarters"... vintage sheets that someone cut into fat quarters. I bought them off Etsy, and the seller had two identical sets of 6. So that's 12 fat quarters. I think this will make a perfect summer skirt!!! I'm still waiting for the fabric to arrive in the mail, actually. Maybe some ruffled eyelet along the bottom edge would look nice? Or maybe silly. I don't know, I'll have to try it out when I actually make the skirt.

But I still have other skirt projects I've been wanting to make, and haven't gotten around to yet. Several months ago I bought the Stella Strip Skirt pattern from Sew Serendipity. I also bought a jelly roll of "Hill Country Spring" fabric on Etsy, along with some chocolate brown paisley fabric to go with it. I think it'll look somewhat like the brown & colored skirt on the upper right hand corner of the pattern cover. I have made one strip skirt with this pattern and liked it, but it needs to be ironed to look its best, and it's very time-consuming... which is why I haven't started on another one yet. Maybe someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment