On Friday night I decided I was going to make a dress for my daughter, made with pink plaid flannel and using McCall's 5745. I made it according to her measurements, and tried to add 5" on the skirt to make it go below the knee... and it looks huge on her! I was hoping she could wear it to my sister's reception, but it looks more like a nightgown than a dress. Way too casual.
I think it will be better for me to make her an outfit from Butterick 4972. For the jacket I am using some rose-pink sueded cotton twill I got on sale a few months ago... this fabric is so buttery soft!! There's 5 yards of it, she only needs 1 1/2 yards for the jacket. I'll save the rest for myself, haha!! I won't be doing the little lace applique on the back, as I can't find any the same color as the fabric, and I think there'd be a bit of a draft! My daughter isn't crazy about the bubble-skirt look, so I'll see if I can just leave the hem down and have it be a simple gored/pleated skirt. I don't know what fabric I'll use... I'll have to dig through my stash and see if I can find a pink print that coordinates.
(Editing Monday morning to ask myself: What was I thinking? I forgot how tricky those shawl-collar jackets can be!! If I can just get through this little bit of it, then the rest should be easy, ha ha...)
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment