I really do like this pattern... I would have liked to make a half-high bodice lining (meaning that the neckline of the lining is lower than that of the bodice, similar to Katherine's dress)... but I didn't feel like altering the pattern. Maybe next time... I have some more of this fabric in a medium blue print.
Pictures don't do it justice, of course. It needs ironed and like I've said before, my camera is getting old and worn out. I'll try to get more pics later.
And I still haven't cleaned up the room, LOL. I have an 1876 polonaise gown and a 1860's plaid gown (my project before this one) piled up on the couch there...
That is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI think this is just the prettiest fabric I have ever seen. I LOVE dotted swiss, and I LOVE floral, and two together just makes me melt anyway, AND you've made it into a Victorian gown. DROOL. SO MUCH DROOL.
ReplyDelete